Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at Krishna Medical Centre provides excellent facilities for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases of the digestive tract and liver. Patients having gastric, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreatic & biliary tract diseases undergo evaluation and management by skilled and experienced gastroenterologists here. The department has most modern state of art equipment backed by modern intensive care units to carry out evaluation of patients including various endoscopies, capsule endoscopy also. We aim to provide world class health care not only to the patients from India but several other countries from abroad.
Endoscopy is routinely performed at the Centers for Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology, for the following conditions: For patients who suffer from gastrointestinal bleeding ,both Banding / injection of esophageal varices and control of bleeding with adrenaline injection / argon plasma coagulation are routinely performed.
- For patients with swallowing difficulty due to esophageal stricture or achalasia, endoscopic dilatation can be carried out under fluoroscopic guidance. Similarly dilatation of pyloric and colonic strictures can also be carried out. In patients with Esophageal tumours, metallic stent placement is done, after dilatation.
- For patients for whom feeding is a problem either due to neurological disorders or altered consciousness levels, endoscopic placement of nasojejunal tube or PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) tube is done.
- Endoscopic removal of gastric / colonic polyps is routinely done.
- For patients with obstructive jaundice, ERCP / papillatomy / stone extraction from CBD/biliary stenting (plastic as well as metal stents) can be performed.
- Placement of pancreatic stents in patients with severe pain due to chronic calcific pancreatitis is done.
- The department performs more than 1000 endoscopies and colonoscopies in a year and more than 200 ERCP every year.